Chicken and Veggie Wraps
Tempo totale 40 minuti
Livello di Piccante Mild
- 1 x 435g tin Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Mix spezie Fajita
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Tortillas Mexicanas de trigo
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 200g carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 100g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 180g cooked chicken, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus extra lime wedges, to serve
- Combine the refried beans and seasoning mix in a medium bowl.
- Warm the tortillas to pack instructions. Spread each tortilla with 1/6 of the refried bean mixture leaving a 2cm border all around. Top each with a layer of spinach leaves.
- Arrange 1/6 of the carrots, cabbage, and spring onions in a horizontal line on the bottom half of each tortilla and top with 1/6 of the chicken. Sprinkle the lime juice over the chicken and vegetables.
- Fold the sides of each tortilla about 2cm over the filling then use both hands to firmly fold and roll the wraps to completely enclose the filling. Place seam-side down after rolling and leave for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Cut each wrap in half and serve with lime wedges, if you like.
Lo chef consiglia
- If you are not eating the wraps straight away, wrap tightly in foil or cling film and store in the refrigerator up to 8 hours. Wraps are best when eaten the same day. Any other fresh and crunchy veg can be used in these wraps – try thinly sliced peppers and grated courgette and radishes for a flavour change.